Find below the recovery file for loading stock Android 4.2.2 ("AOSP"). We advise you to back up your data first before continuing.
1. Click the Recovery link below and download the zip file.
2. Copy this downloaded zip file on to the phone's storage or (optional) SDcard memory storage.
4. Apply update from where you saved the file - either SDcard or internal memory. Do this by choosing "apply update from sdcard." Tip: Use file that begins with words, not punctuation. For example, "Fairphone_FP1" not ".Fairphone_FP1".
5. The installation will continue on its own with the notices "Install /scard ..." and "Installing update...". Once this is complete, you will see the message "Install from sdcard complete."
6. After applying the update, perform a factory reset by choosing "wipe data/factory reset." You must choose "Yes" to perform the reset (please make sure you've already backed up your data). Finally, you will see "Data wipe complete."
7. Reboot: The selection "reboot system now" should be highlighted on the menu. Press Volume Up to select this item.
8. Now, you should have the Fairphone loading screen, followed by your Android 4.2.2 stock version OS.
FP1: OTA_AOSP_1G13G-4.2.2_2014-08-05.zip (~200 MB)
FP1U: OTA_AOSP-4.2.2_2014-08-05.zip (~200 MB)